The Parks Apparel reporting to the CEO will oversee all Parks Apparel functions including managing the wholesale team, maintaining quality control, pitching new business, and developing/improving operations and systems. The Parks Apparel Wholesale Director makes sure that we meet ambitious sales growth targets, and will work both strategically and operationally to maintain and continue to build on our wholesale distribution as would be expected for an environmentally conscious, outdoor lifestyle brand.
Together with the sales organization, The Parks Apparel director will proactively develop relationships with major department stores as well as high-end multibrand stores throughout the world, ensuring lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
- Analyze markets and competition
- Propose short, mid and long term strategy
- Manage and develop sales
- Budget monthly and yearly sales and expenses per direct account
- Deliver monthly and yearly sales and control expenses per direct account
- Set and monitor regional sales strategy and policy; to ensure coherence within the region
- Propose incentive and other necessary tools to achieve sales objectives
- Organize, manage and develop our existing wholesale team, and be responsible to recruit new talent into the business when needed.
- Develop and plan yearly and seasonal sales plans, ensuring ambitious sales growth goals are met in accordance with our business plan Coordinate sales planning with all of the functional departments of the company, most specifically with Productions/Design and Finance
- Develop, negotiate and manage agreements with key distributors and major department stores
- In coordination with the CEO/CFO establish compensation plans for all sales personnel including salary structures, commission plans, sales contests and bonus plans
- Develop key performance indicators and ensure sales targets are achieved within the franchise business
This is not an exhaustive list of your duties and you may be required to carry out tasks that are not included in this job description.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Experience Required
We are searching for an ambitious person with a love for the outdoors.
- Relevant academic experience
- Highly customer and results driven, good commercial sense
- Effectively manage the Wholesale Team
- Provide strong leadership, control the flow of information, and foster team spirit.
- Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sales-oriented and excellent negotiation skills
- Hands-on and detail-orientated
- Sound analytical and organizational skills
- Lover of the outdoors
- Photoshop & Lightroom experience a plus